Monday, March 12, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Hello All,

As you can tell I never did get to do a follow up on the research that I did following the Worcester and Southbridge line of the Worcester Consolidated through Auburn and on to Charlton.  A number of things have happened, most of all timing to get out there.  And dealing with my separation from my wife. So things have been a little more important than my modeling.  We have parted as friends and we are committed to raising our children together, cooperatively.  Now all that's left is the paperwork. ( I really do wish it was as easy as that.  It has been a daily struggle; good days and bad days, lately more bad than good, but I do believe that it will get better.)

I was able to do a little bit yesterday on both my Interurban combine and the small two truck freight motor.  On the Interurban, I added doors to the ends to finishing them.  And I was able to build out the bumpers and floor in the vestibules on the freight motor.




I think that the bumper finishes off the dash and hides the drawbar notch that was cut out to connect the powered car to it's unpowered trailer.  It probably would have helped if they added a small pair of wires to the assembly, adding the trailer's wheel sets as pickups for the powered car.

As my overhead on my test layout is kind of down and non-functional, I think I am going to start adding the scenery, and give the overhead a fresh start after.  But I do need to finish the cars I have started, so maybe my efforts should go there.  It's nice to have options.  :-)

Also, for the heavy electric fans out there a series of really cool electrics have been published, or will shortly be published to Shapeways (www.shapeways.com).  The link is here.  All kinds of GE products: E33, E44, E40 and GF6Cs.  The link is a must for heavy electric fans and its in N!

Ted.

1 comment:

  1. Ted, That was great. Maybe some Youtube shots of your layout in operation would be awesome! Family is most important. All the best to you both.

    ReplyDelete