Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome and whats been happening lately...

Welcome to the companion blog to my YouTube channel.  Hopefully, this will be an informative and interesting stream of thought building on topics covered in my videos.

As I stated in Episode 5 on my YouTube channel, I received for Christmas a number of different Japanese N scale power units/ chassis. And in Episode 4, I showed some of the the kitbashing options for the Model Power single truck trolley. It was there that I said that I was going to keep the Model Power/ Roundhouse Overton Baggage car as a freight trailer.





Well, I was just fiddling around with different parts and noticed that the Kato 11-105 power unit is an exact match in width to the Overton car and it is just a bit longer.  It literally dropped right in.


 All I had to do was place a keeper bar across the ends (a bit of white styrene) and the car was motorized.  The tasks to finish the car now include electrical, paint, and rebuilding the lower portion of each end.  I need to add knees and a bumper to each end and maybe a fender to protect all the little people...


No comments:

Post a Comment